Links to the other ECISketcher Rotations 2015

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Eric's entry in Lisa's BRIGHT SPARKS

DANG, so after cornering the Science teacher at my school, in the end, I couldn't convince them to give me magnesium, or other flammable stuff that could burn paper in a cool, abnormal way for Lisa's "Bright Sparks" book, and I am fresh outta fireworks, because for some reason, they are only legal in Sweden around New Years.

sorry for the shitty image, but it's tricky to take a photo while holding something in the other hand that is burning...

So, I just had to set part of my entry on fire the old fashioned way. 

Overall, I felt that this theme was made for me, as a raving glittery-shiny-silvery-thing abuser in my artwork, so I more or less just dug around for materials that I haven't had the guts to use yet.

exterior

interior



Here's what I came up with in the end, with glitter, spray shellac, silver tape, carborundum sand, neon paint, bronze studs (which I am super stoked I finally used after they sat in my drawer for 2 years now!) fingerprints and so on.... resulting in a folio-type creation. As you will see, Lisa has made a box with individually cut squares, and without a blog post for more context? clues, I just went with this. 

Keep on truckin!

5 comments:

  1. Always such a command of the materials! Now it includes fire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have said it better, Jeane. Congrats on the use of your brads Eric. I know the feeling of finally using something that you've held onto for way too long, and moved across several countries! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa's "book" sounds so rad and mysterious, I'm extra curious. Bummer one can't freeze a fire in time, only capture it's consequences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was scrolling back through the blog and your caption made me laugh out loud.
    "Sorry for the shitty image, but it's tricky to take a photo while holding something in the other hand that is burning.." HAHAHA! Only you, Eric. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was scrolling back through the blog and your caption made me laugh out loud.
    "Sorry for the shitty image, but it's tricky to take a photo while holding something in the other hand that is burning.." HAHAHA! Only you, Eric. :D

    ReplyDelete