Links to the other ECISketcher Rotations 2015

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Lisa's Book / Petr's Entry

Looking at the blog entries documenting the progress of your "book", Lisa, gave me a little insight of what's coming. The collection of entries in the mini book / mini card format is simply stunning! All the additions are startlingly beautiful, so diverse, so fun, so full of life.

I didn't do a lot of my typical/usual ink drawing lately and so I used this opportunity to get back to it.



However, having pyromaniac inclinations I was also very tempted to play with fire and with leaving fire marks on paper. I used sparklers on their own and in combo with flammable material spread on a paper - specifically scraped tops of matches and red phosphorus (burns like crazy). Results are stuck on an under-layer of bright neon spray paint making for a back side of this mini book.



2 comments:

  1. Ooooo, fiery goodness. you make such an effortless looking switch from graphic to painterly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool in real life...contrast of surfaces: the shiny flourescent color and burnt paper. And of course, your surrealistic and beautifully drawn portrait.

    ReplyDelete