Links to the other ECISketcher Rotations 2015

Monday, February 23, 2015

Jeane´s Book: Tchotchke


Coming up with a new theme is always fun, but also challenging.  I have been hearing the word, tchotchke several times in the last month.  The first time was in the movie/documentary, "Finding Vivian Maier" and the second time in "Boyhood".  If you haven't seen "Finding Vivian Maier" yet, you must.  It is about a photographer who never exhibited her photographs, worked as a nanny, and made the guy who found her photographs a very rich man.  My theme has little to do with either movie, but worth mentioning.  Anyway as artists, you all have tchotchkes.  Have a look at the definition from urban dictionary.     
      http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tchotchke 

I pronouce tchotchke like "choch key", which is how it was spoken in the films and very fun to say. 
I found all sorts of unused tchotchkes to decorate my cover (they now have become very useful).


Take a look around your house and see what inspires you!


2 comments:

  1. Wicked theme, can think of plenty "worthless crap" in my life - not necessarily in a form of a small object.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ma'am, this will be well received here. Like most of us, I gots lots of tchotchke potential. Your worthless objects look a bit more cohesive and worthwhile than mine. I guess that's the curating challenge to your tchotchke book. ...I love the back story of the books & entries, so thanks (as always) for the recommendations and for telling us what led up to the your choosing a theme. Under my rock over here, I've not heard of either movie.

    ReplyDelete